San Francisco is the perfect place for a student travel group!
- Exploratorium – Inside San Francisco’s Palace of Fine Arts, the Exploratorium is a collage of hundreds of science, art, and human perception exhibits.
- Wax Museum at Fisherman’s Wharf – More than 270 wax portraits of entertainers, heroes, scoundrels and more in 50 expertly crafted settings, enhanced with artistic lighting, props and informative narrations. See the life-like statues of famous celebrities and historical figures in this amazing museum
- Giant’s Baseball – Watch the Giant’s play ball!
- Alcatraz – Alcatraz and history go hand in hand. Once home to some of America’s most notorious criminals, the federal penitentiary that operated here from 1934 to 1963 brought a dark mystique to the Rock. The presence of infamous inmates like Al “Scarface” Capone, and the “Birdman” Robert Stroud helped to establish the island’s notoriety. To this day, Alcatraz is best known as one of the world’s most legendary prisons.
- Golden Gate Bridge – Walk across the bridge followed by a ferry ride back, the ultimate Only in San Francisco Adventure.
- California Academy of Sciences – Under one Living Roof, the new Academy contains a planetarium, aquarium, and natural history museum.
- Chinatown – One of North America’s largest and the oldest Chinatowns, your group will tour this famous district and enjoy the unique shops and food
- San Francisco Zoo – Northern California’s largest zoological park features approximately 1,000 exotic and endangered wildlife. Visit the new Grizzy Gulch, home to two grizzly bears and stroll through the African Savanna habitat. Experience the wonders of the Children’s Zoo and visit other favorites such as Gorilla Preserve, Penguin Island, Koala Crossing, Lemur Forest and the Australian WalkAbout.
- Old Sacramento – Experience Sacramento at a time of the Gold Rush. Enjoy museums, entertainment, restaurants, and lots of interesting shops at this National Registered Landmark and 28-acre State Historic Park, on the river, in downtown Sacramento.
- California State Railroad Museum – A complex of historic facilities and unique attractions and regarded as North America’s most popular railroad museum, there is something here for everyone! Experience lavishly restored trains, engaging exhibits, and unique special events.
- State Capitol Building – At the State Capitol, the past, present and future of California interact with equal force. The building serves as both a museum and the state’s working seat of government. Your group will experience California’s rich history and witness the making of history through the modern lawmaking process.